Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's been a while since I've posted, but Thanksgiving is always an interesting time for observing consumer behavior.  Watching people around the holiday season is always a funny thing, because it often does not make complete sense.  It shows how much traditions and culture has an impact on us.  Under normal circumstances, most people would not relax as much or eat WAY too much like during Thanksgiving, but that is exactly what happens.  I can speak from experience because that is what I just did this past weekend.  I'm surprised I didn't gain ten pounds with all the food I ate.  Which shows the effect that culture has on us and our consumption choices.  Under hardly any other circumstances would we spend so much time worrying about FOOD and preparing it and things like that.  Thanksgiving culture in America is huge.  We had almost this entire week off from school, it is a national holiday, all for a time for getting together with the people you care about around you. Traditions and cultural expectations have a powerful influence on our consumption choices

No comments:

Post a Comment